Monday 4 April 2016

Promotional Video - Evaluation



Overall I feel that each task for this unit was conducted well and achieved successfully as a result of careful planning and active engagement. I feel that initial research into my clients brand was vital, as it allowed me to develop some ideas in terms of what I wanted to create visually and conceptually. I looked into her work by visiting her official website and social media pages; this helped by giving me some grounds to go by in terms of her aesthetic and visual style, so that I could incorporate it into my own work.

Doing this also allowed me to develop an idea of what type of background music I wanted to use. I contacted a producer and sent a few existing compositions along with a visual mood board as inspiration for them to work from. By doing this, I was able to find a corresponding piece of music for my work, whilst avoiding the risk of using any copyright audio material.

By conducting research prior to starting the project, I was able to have a rough idea of how long I wanted the video to be. This made the editing process easier; by focusing on what to include within a particular length of time, I was able to cut down the interview section and various other shots, to create a concise yet succinct final piece, just enough to present all the relevant information about my client's work.

I made sure to get as involved as possible in my clients work. I attended fashion shows/photo shoots and arranged to film my client in her workspace, so that I could capture the craftsmanship as well as the glamour that surrounds her final pieces. By filming a variety of footage in various locations, I was able to create a diverse montage, which showcased the best of my clients work.

Ideally, I would have liked to capture more of the craftsmanship involve in my clients work, however due to a lack of time, I was unable to do so. In essence, I feel that more of shots of Jayne in her working environment would have added to the authenticity of the overall piece and added a sense of balance between the hands on work and the final pieces displayed in the fashion shows and photo shoots.

The main obstacle that I faced, was in trying to arrange time to record interviews with my client. Her work schedule was relatively full, therefore it became a problem finding a day where she was able to let me film her in her workspace. However, this was overcome and the interview with Jayne, provided a deeper insight to her work, tying together the video overall.

In terms of editing, I found that it was easier to edit once I had the audio to work with. In this instance, the rhythmic style editing complimented the content of the video, whilst also keeping an upbeat flow to engage the viewers attention. Other elements that I had to consider during the editing process were the levels of both the music and interview; it is vital that my clients interview was clearly audible over the backing track, so that I could attain the ultimate purpose of the video, which was to promote her work. In response to the final draft that I had sent to my client, she had directed me to alter the levels of the audio tracks so that her interview was more audible.

I found that organising my videos into folders made the editing process much easier, as I was able to select the footage that I needed in order to correspond with what my client was discussing during the interview.




No comments:

Post a Comment