Thursday 14 April 2016

Music Video - Planning

Although I have been in contact with a potential client for a music video, I am not certain that I will be able to complete the task in line with the given deadlines, therefore, I have decided to look at existing songs to base a video upon.



With this song, I feel that there is much scope for experimentation and there is a clear opportunity to develop a conceptual narrative, which will compliment the almost illusory feel that the music possesses. Musically, there is a steady tempo and a very repetitive feel, which would work to create visual repetition. The lyrics hold quite a personal essence and to amplify this, I would like to base the sequence upon a single subject.

To combine both the musical and visual elements, I plan to have the subject walking through a single location in a cyclical manner, this will act as an illustration of the lyrics in the chorus; "Feel like a brand new person. But you'll make the same old mistakes". I think that it would look more effective to have the subject wondering through the location oblivious to his surroundings, with a neutral expression, whilst around him there are repetitive mistakes being carried out again and again.

Visually similar to the style of this video:

No comments:

Post a Comment