Wednesday 2 December 2015

New Wave - Video Planning

Shooting Plan 3

In terms of editing, I have decided to cut my footage in time to the poem 'Ode' by Arthur O'Shaughnessy, as a majority of what I have already shot corresponds lyrically and conceptually with the poem. By doing this, the creatively surreal element will be significantly enhanced, creating a vivid depiction of events, from which the viewer is be able to draw their very own interpretation.

When conducting the research for my contextual study, I analysed a selection of films from the Czech new wave movement. From doing this, I found that although each text had a different director and concept, the underlying similarity stood out in a visual sense; surrealism was the common undertone.



With this in mind, I plan to conduct my third shoot in Birmingham and Digbeth. Within this shoot, I will not be focusing so much on the subject, instead I will be filming the location itself and any objects that I find are relevant to the context of the poem. Combining this footage with what I have already shot of the subject will provide a good array of scenes to create the surreal ambience that I wish to achieve.



In regards to health and safety elements, I must ensure that my equipment is correctly packed away when not in use and that I am mindful of pedestrians, as I do not want me or my apparatus becoming objects of obstruction which could lead to potential harm. 

No comments:

Post a Comment