Wednesday 2 December 2015

New Wave - Video Planning

Shooting Plan 1

For my initial shoot, I intend to experiment with lighting techniques. For this, I will particularly make use of natural lighting, as it was something that a majority of new wave films utilised; the natural element completely juxtaposed the conventional large studio set-up, which had become the norm for film productions made prior to such alternative cinematic movements.

As the initial idea for my film focuses upon expressing beauty ideals within todays society, I would like to shoot the subject in quite an alternative manner; I intend to focus upon the shadow of the subject, as this is suggestive of distorted perceptions that one may hold about themselves.


I experimented with surfaces that are the right texture/colour to capture shadows without reflecting too much light, in order to capture the effect with clarity. The outcome created a surreal ambience, which was what I desired to create, this kind of footage would be ideal to feature within a montage sequence, something that was common amongst a variety of new wave films.

The indirect filming also holds significant conceptual depth, connoting towards the inability to view oneself with acceptance. This will also give me the opportunity to develop some narrative, centred around the subject and a discovery of who they are.

No comments:

Post a Comment