Wednesday 2 December 2015

New Wave - Video Planning

Shooting Plan 2

By altering my concept slightly, so that the film is not too heavily structured upon the foundation of a narrative, I have decided to compose my film in the style of a montage. Therefore, for this shoot I planned to collect shots of the subject that I could use in a surreal style montage. I intended to capture in the style of new wave, hence making use of natural light/sound, filming long takes that could be edited as a series of jump cuts and all shot using a handheld camera, as seen in Godard's "Breathless'.



This shoot took place within Manchester as I had planned to capture a selection of settings to feature the subject in. As the film I am creating is a montage and an expression of creativity, I visited galleries, having the subject look at the art itself, suggesting that as they begin exploring a pleasantly aesthetic world, they are inducing their own creative energy.



In addition to this, I captured the subject around the city of Manchester itself, this not only allowed me to capture the setting, it also provided me with the opportunity to utilise natural lighting and make explicit use of handheld camera. Which worked, in both an aesthetic term and a conceptual one.




No comments:

Post a Comment