Wednesday 2 December 2015

New Wave - Film Brief 2


By conducting shoots, I found that the initial concept for my new wave sequence was based too heavily around a structured narrative. Hence, I have decided to adapt my work so that it is more visually surreal, yet explicitly illustrates all the recognisable features of the new wave.

In order to achieve this, I intend to collate my footage into a form of montage, something that was done prominently within a variety of new wave films. Using jump cuts and other discontinuity techniques, which will provide the distinctive and somewhat imaginative flavour of such alternative film making. In doing so, I do not want the film to become confusing and difficult to follow, therefore, I intend to have the same subject, so that there is some consistency and an almost narrative. So combining shots of the subject and various other location shots, I will produce a creative montage that explores the elements of the new wave as a whole.

Overall, I want to convey an expression of creativity, as it appears to be the foundation upon which a majority of new wave movements were constructed. Like the texts I had studied for my contextual essay, from the Czech movement, the viewer is able to develop their very own interpretation, as a result of the loosely structured narrative and abstract depiction.

No comments:

Post a Comment