Monday 11 January 2016

Film Studies - Video Planning

Shooting Plan 2

For the second shoot, I will capture the central subject involving themselves in the acts that their id is longing for; smoking, consuming alcohol and expressing violent behaviour. As opposed to the previous shoot, I would like to conduct this one indoors. Remaining consistent with the visual ambience of the film, I intend to have low-key lighting with a singular light source focusing upon the subject. I feel that making use of spotlighting technique in this manner will suggest visual contrast  from the outdoor shoots, making it clear that these sequences are simply occurring within the mind of the subject.

In addition to this, I would like to state a tone of disorientation, hence plan to incorporate the use of jump cuts as the subject is smoking/drinking etc. This will also make it clear to the viewer that these unorthodox events are playing out in the mind.

In contrast to the previous shoot, I would like to capture these sections making it explicitly clear that a handheld camera has been utilised. Not only would this visually correspond to the jump cuts adding compositional appeal, it will also enhance the perplexing state of the subjects mentality.

In intend to have these shots intersecting the tracking shots, which were captured within the first shoot.

Shooting Plan 3 

Similar to my initial shoot, I would like to capture a variety of tracking shots of the subject, however within various locations. Although I wish to maintain the overall dark and somber mood, I would like to combine all the tracking shots, of the subject wandering aimlessly in differing sites. 

Having previously shot within a tunnel, I now intend to shoot in a desolate outdoor setting, to show diversity in the setting of the sequence. This will also add to the disorientation, as the subject travels between differing locations, to show the perplexity of the human mind, constantly jumping between various situations. 

Along with shooting in areas that have a rundown aesthetic, I would also like to get shots of the subject in quite natural and scenic settings. These particular sequences will be used to show the subject attempting to confront and resolve his ongoing mental conflict.  

No comments:

Post a Comment