Monday 11 January 2016

Film Studies - Video planning

Shooting Plan 1

 For my initial shoot, I have taken some visual and and conceptual influence from the character of Tate Langdon, from the television series 'American Horror Story'. I was particularly intrigued by the overall mood and ambience that is created through the presence of this character. 


In a visual sense, I would like to capture close ups and tracking shots of the subject in a similar manner to the exemplar sequence above. I intend to shoot these sequences within a variety of rural and rundown locations, in order to reflect the disorientated concept. The introductory shots will consist of close ups of the subject, particularly focusing upon the eyes, mouth, clenched fists etc. This evokes a sense of longing to fulfil lingering desires.

I will capture various tracking shots, starting with a head shot from behind the subject, followed by a shot from the side and finally a mid shot from the front. I would like to do it in this order, to establish a sense of ambiguity surrounding the identity of the subject, also to create visual tension.


























I plan to shoot during the day, however during post production, I intend to manipulate the shots so that they have a cold colour palette and loose highlights, creating a dark overall tone, in order to authentically reflect the conceptual element.

In addition to this, I would like to capture shots of other subjects around the central figure, who are engaging in acts that awaken the id dimension of his psyche. For this, I plan to have them situated within the same location. I will capture a variety of close ups and long shots of these other characters, in order to get across their purpose in the sequence. Some will feature the main figure, to establish the effect of proxemics; I would like to have them a relative distance to the subject, in order to highlight his isolation and mental detachment, however they will be focusing directly upon the lead subject.


The shots involving the other subjects will illustrate them engaging in acts such as: smoking, consuming alcohol and eliciting violent behaviour. This will then evoke a sense of desire within the central role, who attempts to repress such desires, however acts them out within his mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment