Monday 12 October 2015

Lighting - Studio Set-up



To achieve Edge Lighting, also referred to as Split Lighting, I used a single light source, positioned at a 90 degree angle from the subject. This resulted in low-key lighting, casting half of the subject into shadow and half into light. Producing dynamic and a high contrast. I also made use of panning, to offer a wider perspective of the overall shot.

In order to authentically create the effect of Rembrandt Lighting, it took a few attempts to get the positioning of the key light accurate enough to create the iconic triangle of light under the eye of the subject.I adjusted the height and angle accordingly, around 45 degrees from the subject. I was able to achieve the desired look, however I felt that the intensity of the lighting technique could have been improved in order to make the specific attributes much more conspicuous. To fix this, would simply require more practice and experimentation.



Whilst shooting in the studio, there were many things that I had to consider in terms of health and safety. First of all, I ensured that the tripod was set up correctly and not posing any harm by obstructing anything, or anyone, avoiding any potential for breakages.

Furthermore, when I was not not using the studio lights, I was sure to switch them of, allowing them to cool in order to prevent them from overheating and posing a potential risk hazard of injury by burning.

No comments:

Post a Comment