Tuesday 20 October 2015

Art Foundation Shoot - Reflection and Health and Safety

In order to authentically portray the range of artwork, I ensured that I'd captured a range of shots, involving various camera techniques and styles, in order to show the individuality and striking diversity that each piece offers. This way, I would be able to present the visual aspect of the work, as well as conveying a sense of the conceptual essence.

I used a zoom lens, to get a larger aperture and compensate for the low light available indoors. this also provided me with an opportunity to explore with focus techniques and the use of a shallow depth of field, to really focus upon a single focal point. I also combined a range of pans, tilts, close ups and wide shots, in order to get a feel of the overall art space and the separate creations.








When filming in the Art Studio, there were many things that I had to consider in regards to health and safety.

Potential risk hazards include the floor conditions, any spillages or materials that may pose a risk of slipping or damaging equipment must be dealt with correctly. Hence, I ensured that nothing was in the way of myself and the camera set-up before conducting my shoot.

Similarly, when using the tripod I had to check that it was positioned in such a way that it would not become an obstruction to anybody within their personal or work space. In addition, I ensured that the tripod I was using was not going to fall and potentially cause any breakages.

1 comment: