Tuesday 3 May 2016

Music Video - Shooting Plan

Taking into consideration the given deadline for this unit, I have decided to shoot a live performance video with my clients 'Flight 15', as well as the studio performance which we initially agreed upon, in order to ensure that I will have a sequence completed in time. I have taken visual influence from various existing music videos, in order to form a shooting plan.

Although live performances are particularly spontaneous in nature, I found that by watching and analysing other live/stadium performances there are universal elements that are present in a majority of them.



When focusing on a specific song it is vital to capture parts of the live performance that reflect the track. To do this with success, I have decided to use a multi camera set up so that I have a diverse array of shots and plenty of filler shots to use throughout the video.

Camera 1: 
Tripod - Master Shot

Camera 2:
Tripod - Front of house

Camera 3:
Handheld/Steadicam - Audience shots/Close ups of band members

It would be visually effective to focus on the vocalist in order to convey the lyrics, equally shooting the other band members would work to illustrate and amplify the music at times.
I intend to get a variety of filler shots to add more visual dynamic to the overall piece, such as; filming the band setting up/leaving the stage, reaction shots from the audience and head shots of band members during the performance.

As I will be filming in a live environment, I will need to consider all health and safety aspects that I may encounter. It would be beneficial to keep all my equipment in front of the audience barriers in order to minimise chances of injuries to others and damage to any of the equipment.

No comments:

Post a Comment