Friday 20 November 2015

Contextual Study - Evaluation

The initial research and planning process of my contextual study, entailed gathering information from a variety of sources. I began by developing my own understanding of the Czechoslovakian new wave as a whole, then proceeded to watch the films. I felt that this was efficient and certainly beneficial, as I did not begin the process without contextual understanding, hence I was able to grasp the essence of each film even if it was just slightly. By watching the films earlier on in the process, I was able to collect research, comprehend it well and blend my own interpretations in with it.

During the research process, I collected information primarily from books, articles and reviews. Doing this allowed me to develop my own interpretations of the films, as well as looking at the opinions of others, in order to intwine quotes into my essay where relevant. I found that the books proved to be the most useful resources for gathering details surrounding context of the new wave. Whereas reviews and articles provided me with in-depth definitions of the films and their symbolic meanings.

When collecting my research, I was particular in my findings and only used what was completely relevant to my essay, so that when it came to writing my work a concise and to the point study in which there was little room to stray from the subject at hand.

The most difficult aspect, was developing my own interpretations of the films, I was able to overcome this by watching individual scenes at a time and then analysing them. In this way I was given the opportunity to analyse the conceptual elements, as well as the filming and editing techniques.

No comments:

Post a Comment